Search Ask Ivy Close
- Balderton Capital is a London-based Venture Capital fund launched in 2000. It was originally called Benchmark Europe, and was the European arm of Silicon Valley Venture Capital fund Benchmark Capital. It became formally independent in 2007.
- Investments include MySQL, Bebo & Betfair.
- Balderton’s investments range in size from as little as US$100,000 to in excess of US$50m. However, their typical initial investment in a business is between US$1m and US$15m; and with the ability to invest again in the future, on average they invest US$15m over the lifecycle of a company.
- Balderton invests in innovative companies in many different sectors, including enterprise software and services, communications and security, semiconductors, mobile computing, consumer services, plus media and financial services.
- They invest primarily in European-based companies. However, they have invested also in US and Asia based companies and continue to be opportunistic about investing abroad.
© 2013 AskIvy. All rights reserved.